All things #TeamInternet, Books, TV shows, Music, Fashion, Beauty, and more! Join me on my journey of ranting, fangirling, and deep talks. It's gonna be one hell of a ride..

Friday, February 13, 2015

Being Bold.

How many times could you actually say that you did something that everyone thought was out of the ordinary? Not just that, but you actually didn't feel bad that everyone thought it was weird, or not 'in the status quo' as good old high school musical would put it? On a scale of 1-10, I'd say that I've had 3 or 4 moments when I was actually proud of not sticking to the status quo, and that's not merely close to what I'd like it to be. But there's always that part of us (usually) that is afraid of sticking out, because sticking out could make us 'freaks' or 'weirdos'. It doesn't always have to be like that, though. Not everyone will see you as a weirdo if you did what you wanted whenever you wanted.

I've just went to a new school, and man was this proven to me. The first day of school, I changed classes. So to everyone, I was the mysterious girl who changed class before the first day of school was over. They all wanted to get to know me, because I did something out of the ordinary. When they all approached me and tried to get to know me, I was so eager to impress everyone and to be on the good side of everyone, but that didn't really work in my favour, and suddenly, everyone was fading away. Next thing I know, they think I'm 'trying too hard'. After that, I had a hard time dealing but eventually, I just stopped caring about whether or not I was surrounded by people, whether or not I was in the status quo, or whether or not I impressed them, and that, was when I started becoming happier. I was less stressed and more satisfied with the least I have. Because I was being bold, and proud of not being in the status quo, I was more satisfied, and that's what matters.

The bottom line is, if being in the status quo makes you happy -which I hardly doubt that's an option for anyone- stick to it. If it doesn't though, don't care enough for it to let it bring you down. Be bold. Be happy. 

WOW THIS WAS DEEP TALK WHAT AM I SAYING.. Okay, so this is it for my post of the day! But I promise I will probably post something like a tutorial or a review tomorrow. Let me know what you think! Comment below if you have any experience with being bold/ not being bold. I would love to hear from you!

Signing with Grace (pun intended, I'm bad at puns omg I'm so sorry don't hate me)

Lea Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment